1957 Sarao Jeepney for sale in Las Vegas – asking $20,000.
Contact John Carpenter
Tel (702) 877-0645
Email jeepneyman @ hotmail.com
- Jeepneys are a popular means of public transportation in the Philippines
- They were originally made from US military jeeps left over from World War II
- Jeepneys are known for their flamboyant decoration and crowded seating
- Although the original jeepneys were simply refurbished military jeeps, modern jeepneys are now produced by independently owned factories within the Philippines.
- The word jeepney is commonly believed to be a conflation of “jeep” and “jitney”, or “jeep” and “knee”, the latter referring to the jeepney’s crowded face-to-face seating.